Saturday, June 23, 2012

Beginnings and Rainbows

Today marks a new day in blogging for me. Gonna try to jump into this thing again.....

I have another blog. It contains my musings of my day job....well, what was my job. Now it's part of my job....at least until someone tells me differently. I just haven't posted since 2008. Yup, one of those back burner things. I know people who blog and I enjoy reading their posts. Wonder if anyone will enjoy reading my posts....hmmmm.....

So here I go, starting a new blog. This time it's about one of my passions. I have a lot of those.....

Anyway, this one is about my cake decorating.

I love cake decorating. I love it so much I even teach classes. I don't just decorate cakes. I also decorate cookies and cupcakes.

Cake decorating can be a bundle of fun or a nightmare.

I've had nightmares about cakes. I've laid awake at night worried about how I'm going to pull things off. Wonder if Duff or Buddy or Bronwen or Sylvia or Mike have ever woken up in the middle of the night wondering how they will pull something off........well, I do and I'm not a celebrity by any means.

My latest thinker cake was a dolphin cake. How was I going to make a dolphin-shaped cake with enough servings? Well, I decided I was just going to stop thinking about it and do it. It wasn't that difficult....I was stressing over something that I shouldn't have been stressing over.....I do stuff like that....

So here's the dolphin.....see, silly to stress over...



I've had quite a busy weekend though. Wedding cake, cookies, that dolphin, and now I'm working on a cake for tomorrow. The birthday girl requested a sheet cake with a horseshoe and barbed wire.....and rainbow cake in the middle. What a fun thing! Rainbow cake. Here's a before baking picture....


Kinda messy looking, isn't it? These are fun because no two ever turn out the same and everybody's serving has a different pattern. I always try to remember to ask the person I make one for to send me a picture of the inside. That fascinates me.....the littlest things amuse me.....:)

Here's what it looked like after it was baked and leveled....




Pretty cool, huh? Can you see the blue peeking out there? Now I've gotta remember to ask my friend Linda to take a picture of it when they cut it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment